SAP S4HANA MM is one of the modules of SAP that deals with material management and inventory management. SAP MM deals with the Procurement Process, Master Data(Material & Vendor Master), Account Determination & Valuation of Material, Inventory Management, Invoice Verification, Material Requirement Planning, etc. SAP MM (Material Management) is one of the vital modules in SAP ERP software and the MM application module supports the procurement and inventory functions occurring in day-to-day business operations. SAP MM module is completely integrated with other modules in the SAP R/3 System such as Finance (FI), Controlling (CO), Sales and Distribution (SD), Quality Management (QM), Plant Maintenance (PM), Production Planning (PP), and Warehouse Management(WM). It supports all phases of materials management materials planning and control, buying, items getting, inventory management, and invoice verification.
Benefits of SAP MM:
– Reduces material costs by avoiding stocking of unnecessary or obsolete
– Inventory losses are minimized
– Direct labor costs are reduced and labor can be used efficiently
– Manufacturing cycle times are reduced and can be controlled effectively
– Effective inventory management and reduces expenditure on unwanted
– Improves delivery time and increases transparency across the organization